Saturday 12 June 2010

Riggs & Murtaugh

So, no blog yesterday. Friday afternoon, went to watch Chris play in some amateurs football thing. We were encouraged to go on the promise of a bar and barbecue. What we actually got was a bunch of dads pretending they are in the actual World Cup, and a bunch of 9 year old kids running around.

After that big bunch of lies, a trip to the pub was in order. 6 hours later, it’s 1am and I’m stumbling through the front door with a box of cheesy chips.

Anyway…

I have always been a fan of the Lethal Weapon franchise. In more recent years, I have become a fan of How I Met Your Mother. If you have not seen either of these, I suggest you do, in chronological order. And soon. Seriously, go do it now, then come back and read this.

Episode 19 in Season 4 of How I Met Your Mother saw Ted discuss his “Murtaugh List”. In short, if you can say “I’m gettin’ too old for this shit” to a certain subject or activity, it goes on the list.

I like to think I’m at the age where I’m not too old for things. Although if you ask me that on a Sunday morning, it’s highly likely I will tell you differently, after which I will also tell you to insert something rather large in a place that rarely sees sunlight before passing out for another few hours.

I’m hoping my 20s is the time to test this thought. I can make my own choices, do what I want and learn from the horrific mistakes myself, without the worry of a parent or guardian punishing me and making me feel any worse than I already do.

So this is my promise to you. If I refuse to do something, citing “being too old” and my primary reason, I will tell you. Otherwise, all bets are off.

While writing I listened to:

Dujour - Backdoor Lover

Gorillaz – Clint Eastwood

The Prodigy – Smack My Bitch Up

No comments:

Post a Comment